Whole Wheat / Cream Cheese Danish
|1/4 pound low fat Neufchatel cream cheese
1/2 cup all natural apple sauce, no sugar added
1/2 cup vegetable oil
|2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F (165 ° C).
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Knead dough on a floured surface. Roll dough 1/2-inch (12 mm) thick.
- Cut with cookie cutter of choice.
- Put on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn off oven and let cookies sit in oven 1-2 hours to harden.